Throwing an Australia Day BBQ? Celebrate Australia’s favourite day with the ultimate Aussie BBQ recipe and wine pairing. If you’re out of ideas, look no further – this easy BBQ Steak recipe pairs well the 2016 Highgate Organic Shiraz.
About the Wine
The Highgate Organic Shiraz – 92 pts – Mike Bennie – is rich and generous, all booze-soaked berries and tobacco woody notes, a bit of spice in there too but so much of this wine is about the ripe fruit and wood seasoning.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 7 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2 pound) tri-tip steak
- Place onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, rosemary, mustard, salt, and pepper into the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over steaks, seal, and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Brush grill grate with oil. Discard marinade, and place steak on the prepared grill. Cook for 7 minutes per side, or less for a rarer stake.
- Serve with the 2016 Highgate Organic Shiraz!