An absolute must-try food and wine pairing – this is a super easy recipe for those who want a flavoursome experience, without much effort Prawn Risotto is packed full of a unique seafood flavour that famously goes so well with the crispy, dry freshness of this Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio.
As you gorge yourself on the rich, hearty risotto, you can sip on the Pinot Grigio and appreciate the balance it provides, through its graceful aromas of crisp green apple, and the notes of mineral and honeysuckle. It just works.
- 1 ¼ cup of Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- 40g unsalted butter
- 6 strips of shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups of Arborio, Carnaroli or Vialone Nano Rice
- 500 prawns cooked and peeled
- 2 ½ cup fish or vegetable stock
- 100g frozen peas
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- Freshly grated parmesan
- Optional: Chorizo
- Heat the olive oil and butter in the pan.
- Add garlic and onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Add bacon and fry until begins to crisp.
- Add rice and stock, bring to boil.
- Add prawns
- Stir well, then reduce heat and cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes, until rice is almost tender.
- Add peas and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
Stuff a capsicum with the risotto, top with cheese, and slow cook until capsicum soft and tender.